Published on December 11th, 2012 | by BookCrack0
Top Picks: Top Ten Smexy Books We’re Reading Right Now
Since we’re all on a tight budget with holiday shopping in full swing and our things to get done list is growing by the day we thought we’d keep it simple and share our Top Ten favorite ebooks we’re reading right now–>basically what the majority of us have d/l on our Kindles/Nooks/ipads/Nexus-7 /Smartphones (we each have our fave).
This goes out to those of you who’ve recently hit us up on email and FB and said, “love your lists, but there’s so much to choose from and I’m on a budget… I don’t know where to start! What are you all reading? Can’t you just tell me what’s really good?” This list has something for everyone: from Seriously smexy Erotic romance and smexy New Adult/Contemporary romance to heartbreaking YA/New Adult to some MUCH needed absolutely hilarious hot reads by bestselling author Alice Clayton!
What better way than to show you what got our hard earned $$$ from our TBR pile this past week a.k.a the Top Ten Smexy Books new to our e-readers.
What We’re Reading right now:
1. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski: Smexy New Adult: It’s a slow build of a beautiful, heart wrenching, smexy road trip- roller coaster. When they meet, Andrew and Camryn each have a world of hurt they’re dealing with and as you come along for the ride and witness them help each other pick up the pieces you will fall in love right along with them. I LOVED this book! A 2012 Top Ten New Adult Pick for me! (Now they’re all reading it muaah-ha-ha!~ Tina) $3.99 on Amazon
Fave quote: “A woman who knows what she wants sexually, and isn’t afraid to express it is so f*cking hot, Camryn- Tell. Me. What. You. Want. Or, I won’t give it to you.” ~Andrew
2. Wallbanger by Alice Clayton a Smexy Erotic/Contemporary (hot and hilarious) romance, and total laugh out loud romp of a read from the author of another highly reviewed smexy read The Unidentified Redhead series (book #6 below). WALLBANGER starts out with…yep, you guessed it…some serious WALLBANGING sex from a noisy neighbor, the gorgeous Simon Parker. You’ll love what happens when our gal Caroline a.k.a. Pink Nightie has had enough of thin walls and O-less nights filled with sounds of someone else’s banging (and was that meowing women?!). If you love bits of laughter with your smexy, are a fan of Tara Sivec (SEDUCTION and SNACKS) or are open to something different this book is for you! There are SO MANY great quotes in this one it’s hard to choose! LOVE this so far! $4.99 on Amazon. Here’s a taste:
or this gem:
3. Leave Me Breathless (The Ross Brothers #3) *SMEXY ALERT* Erotic romance by Cherrie Lynn. If you loved Brian Ross in ROCK ME he and Candace are back to help their BFFs Seth (Ghost) and Macy get back together in this smoking hot erotic romance that reminds us why we’ll read anything Cherrie Lynn writes. We hate to keep making comparisons, but this one really did make us think about all you BEAUTIFUL DISASTER lovers out there who are anxiously awaiting Travis Maddox’s POV in Jamie McGuire’s Prequel WALKING DISASTER (available for PRE-ORDER!). We like LMB even more. One of us (ahem) read it so fast we already have the 4+ STAR (REVIEW)! Yeah, it’s that hot. Especially if you love bad boys with a heart of gold. So far, everything we’ve read by Cherrie Lynn we’ve added to our What to Read After Fifty list. Why? There’s no BDSM or kinky f*ckery, but Cherrie writes the male POV so well she might just be one of our all time favorites at it! Dominant men? She’s a master. $3.99 on Amazon.
Fave Quote: (The set up: Seth’s trying to get Macy to try her hand at phone sex and she’s asked him just exactly how, um, big he actually is.) After some hot, playful banter here’s his closer: “Big enough that I should tie a bow around it and attach a little card that says ‘To: Macy. You’re welcome. Love, Seth.”
4. In Flight (Up in the Air series book 1) AND Mile High (Up In the Air book 2) by R.K. Lilley: Erotic Romance: Holy hot dominating rich guy at 30 thousand feet! *SMEXY ALERT* There’s a new twist (kinda). Instead of joining the mile high club on his private jet, Bianca (our GASP! surprise virginal submissive) finds herself serving him in 1st class. In more ways than one. C’mon you know we had to! Cause there’s nothing light about this BDSM loving couple. This series is being bantered about and recommended by bloggers a plenty for its dominant millionaire James Cavendish and heroine with a bit of a backbone, Bianca, the 1st class attendant with scary baggage who gets to shag the billionaire in many a panty blazing sex scene. Just the shear quantity of them throughout this 3 book series seems to be reason enough to keep it on the erotica/erotic romance bestseller list. Not that we’re complaining! I must admit I’ve done my fair share of eye rolling in good and bad ways. Total Fifty shades redux without the humor, lightness or playful banter. James is just as blunt and possessive as CG but for all his efforts at honesty, these two have secrets a plenty to work through. And of course…a playroom waiting for them to work them out in. Book 3 Grounded (heh) is coming Feb. 2013. Book 1 is $2.99 on Amazon.
5. Naked and All in (Blackstone Affair novellas #1 and #2) by Raine Miller: Erotic romance that’s #1 and #4 on the this past week and still holding strong at #3 on Amazon’s best selling erotica/erotic romance list. The reason? One tall, dark and a whole lot of smexy Ethan Blackstone who’s also a Brit (major swoon), rich, and ex-special forces in her Majesty’s service. Double swoon. Mr. Blackstone has made a name for himself as the go-to top secret security detail man in London and his no nonsense, forthright, demanding- and did we forget to mention- smoking HOT
body confidence had us at hello? If you loved Fifty and Bared to You and don’t mind just a tiny bit of familiar dominating moves… David Gandy, er, Ethan Blackstone and the Blackstone Affair is for YOU! (I just love how I’ve started this trend here! ~Tina) (INTERVIEW) (REVIEW) $3.99 each on Amazon.
6. The Unidentified Redhead and Redhead Revealed by Alice Clayton Smexy Contemporary with hilarious dialogue. (see #2 WALLBANGER) Admission: This has been on my Kindle and in a few of the gals TBRs for f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I’m both ashamed and amazed for us all that it took WALLBANGER buzz to remind us to read the damn things! *hanging heads in shame* Forgive us Alice Clayton! Can’t wait to dive into this one when I’m done WB! Cougar hilarity (as if 33 is cougarish GAH!) at it’s best. This is a book I’m buying for friends and bundling with Wallbanger for Christmas. Really. They’re far and away the most fun reads on my Kindle this year!
Here’s the set up:
When 33 year-old Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it’s a second shot at a life-long dream. With some help from her best friend and agent, that dream could become a reality, but at thirty-three, has Grace missed her chance at the big time? Will an unexpected sizzling romance with the entertainment industry’s newest ‘it’ boy (who’s only 24) shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life?
Alice Clayton spins a playful and erotic May to December romance in this, her debut novel. Clayton’s funny, borderline neurotic heroine is perfect in her imperfections, and the off the charts sexual chemistry between her and her charming, yet blissfully unaware leading man are the true heart of The Unidentified Redhead. With laugh out loud dialogue and a super steamy romance that will get your heart racing, sneaking around in L.A. and dodging the Paparazzi has never been so fun.”
I’ve only snuck a peek at it so far, but what I can say is as women we’ve all got insecurities and work to hide them in our relationships…but never has it been more fun than reading about them in Alice Clayton’s books! Starting this as soon as I’m finished WB! ON SALE for $2.99 on Amazon.
Fave Quote: “So how’s the British invasion going? Has he invaded your hoohah yet?”
7. The Proposition by Katie Ashley Smexy Contemportary: Here’s the set up: “With her thirtieth birthday looming, Emma Harrison finds her biological clock clanging and the elusive knight in shining armor yet to appear. She’s running out of options, especially after her gay best friend backs out from being her sperm donor.” Okay, I’m in these romance books for the smexy…so that left me kinda… meh. DON’T BE FOOLED it’s so much better than that! Well, the moment Aidan “Mr. Sexy-and-I-know-it” Manwhore (with a secret self inflicted wounded heart) offers Emma a “proposition” in baby making…even if I wanted to stop I couldn’t! A light, sexy category romance type read–that isn’t! Bonus: Katie’s just told me that book 2 “The Proposal” release date has been moved up from early 2013 to the end of December! $2.99 on Amazon.
8. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Malay (NetGalley) A 2012 Top Ten YA/New Adult Pick. Nothing we say is going to do this powerhouse of a quiet, angry, empowering love story justice. It’s a gut twisting tale of love, loss, pain and rebirth, from both the YA hero and heroine’s POV with an often dark, snarky humor (our heroine has chosen not to SPEAK aloud for much of the book, an amazingly enjoyable twist!). Told with such a deft, light touch the author takes a mystery tragedy and turns it into a learning to love story that just transcends most YA romance out there right now. Thumbs up all around! $3.99 on Amazon.
Fave quote: “I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck.” ~Nastya Kashnikov
9. Reason to Breathe and Barely Breathing (Breathing series #2) by Rebecca Donovan (A 2012 Top Ten YA/New Adult series) We’re all over the place with this book. It sat in my TBR for a while because it tackles some heavy stuff for a YA (child abuse), and while the love story is sweet, you know it’s going to be rough read given the fact that this series is at it core about one young girl’s struggle to survive and just…breathe. What I’m loving about it so far is that for all the darkness Evan is a reason for Emma to start seeing the world and wanting more outside her nightmare without being her savior. We get to shout at her to ask for help (knowing she won’t) and hold our own breath hoping she will allow herself the happiness of falling for Evan. Emma does it all without being desperate or clingy (just a bit clueless and detached) and she’s rightfully confused about how to feel after never experiencing love within her own home:
“No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?”
He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers…
Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible secret.”
Yes, yes she is. So far it’s breaking my heart. And I’m gonna keep reading! Rebecca recently signed for a three book deal so snatch these up quick. Book 1 is $4.99 on Amazon.
10. Tie: Taking Chances by Molly McAdams-New Adult- Just look at the cover of this book and you’ll see why so many readers are INVESTED. Can you say love/hate or both?!? Major angsty love triangle alert!!! You guys badgered us until we added this book to our TBR. So many readers have taken to FB and twitter to tell us you loved this book, but most of you have told us that while we just HAVE TO READ it, you all have a love and hate relationship with this story because the possible couple in question (working hard to be vague) make you so, so, so mad! It’s been a slow build so far and we’re not sure what we’re in for with Taking Chances other than a love triangle and a roller coaster of a New Adult read! We’ll let you know… ON SALE for 99 CENTS on Amazon.
Fave quote so far: “That first night, I did realize I would never meet another girl like you. But you deserve someone who has waited for you as long as you have waited for them. And no matter how much I wish I could be that guy, I can’t Harper.” ~Not telling who! :)
The Prince (Original Sinners #3) and The Angel (Original Sinners #2): (NetGalley) *SMEXY ALERT* by Tiffany Reisz. We’ve been told to keep a tight lid on this one (no spoilery and glimpses…so here’s a bit of a tease. Yep, we’re sadists at heart:
“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer…preferably in bed. That’s always been Kingsley Edge’s strategy with his associate, the notorious New York dominatrix Nora Sutherlin. But with Nora away in Kentucky, now it’s Kingsley’s chance to take her place at the feet of the only man he’s ever wanted — Søren, Nora’s on-again, off-again lover — until a new threat from an old enemy forces him to confront his past. [With Wes or Søren/Kingsley,] two worlds of wealth and passion call to her and whichever one Nora chooses, it will be the hardest decision she will ever have to make… unless someone makes it for her….” GAH! CAN’T WAIT TO GET BACK TO THIS! I thought I couldn’t get enough of Griffin and Michael in Angel and now Kingsley and Søren and their history being revealed…oh I love this book so much!
Not familiar with the super smexy, naughty Sinners series? Check out our REVIEW of the book that starts it all THE SIREN. For those who dare, check out what Tiffany has to say about the series in our Bc interview.Check out her other Original Sinners smexy novellas: THE GIFT, LITTLE RED RIDING CROP and more! $7.49 on Amazon.
Enjoy and let us know what’s new on your e-reader this week!
The Bc Gals xo