Published on December 3rd, 2012 | by BookCrack2
Top Ten Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers of the Week Ending November 30, 2012
Here’s where we break down the Top Ten smexy Amazon self-published bestsellers and give you our take on what to read next on your reader:
1. Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond: Wow! Talk about a GREAT deal 99 CENTS and a successful marketing strategy! This book was #10 on Amazon’s SP list last week and buyers shot this right to #1! Like we told you last week, Stephanie has published over 60 romances so that makes this self-published title a treat. Best known for her romance mysteries, Bond proves she is also a master at romantic comedies. This book is being offered on ebook and for the first time in print as a standalone. We’ve heard it’s got a funny set up. Here’s the quicky blurb: “a man and a woman determined to stop their parents from marrying fall in love themselves.” 99 CENTS on Amazon.
2. The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders: HOLY CRAP! This one is still holding strong at #2! And, after 3 weeks at #2 it’s now got 4 STARS and over 300 reviews. Looks like maybe we may have put our foot in our mouths…especially if this one keeps hitting the top 3? Hmmm. I still say this is one romance trope I’m not into (no offense to Ms. Anders intended); what do I know? For Unwanted to stay in the top 3 nearly a month running now says, at the very least, that with this many purchases…you readers must be onto something. Still curious! It’s just the “unwanted wife” hate you then love you trope is one I’ve never liked with the exception of old, old black and white screwball comedies. Seriously, if any of you BookJunkies have read this one, drop a comment and tell us what you thought. Here’s the blurb: “All Alessandro de Lucci wants from his wife is a son but after a year and a half of unhappiness and disillusionment, all Theresa de Lucci wants from her ice cold husband is a divorce.” 99 CENTS on Amazon or FREE with Prime.
4. All In by Raine Miller: The Blackstone Affair#2. #1 last week. WARNING: If you haven’t read super smexy book 1 NAKED, for the love of all that is good, drop down to blurb #8, read our 4+ star REVIEW and start there! The Blackstone Affair is #4 and #8 on this countdown for a reason: Ethan Blackstone the sexy, dominant hero in this series who in all his David Gandy-ness is just plain reason enough for us to direct you to this treat. Ethan’s POV has taken some bashing by bloggers (he’s a classic jealous, arrogant, dominant, alpha hero under that tux so sue him!) and the series does borrow a trick or two from fan faves FIFTY and BARED TO YOU, but the Blackstone Affair quickly becomes its own smexy series. SPOILER ALERT: Book 2 picks up right where book 1 left off only from Ethan’s POV as he recounts and works to
reclaim reconcile with the woman he loves. He’s broken her trust BIG TIME and Brynne’s left him because of it. Ethan isn’t one to give up. To quote the blurb: “Their passion together was explosive, but their secrets are even darker and more frightening.” In for review. Check out our latest author interview with Raine Miller here. $2.99 on Amazon
5. The Proposition by Katie Ashley: Jumped right to the top of my TBR after last week! So glad it did! Aidan will have you shaking your ereader with thoughts of “yes, Yes, YES! and no, No NO!” Seriously. After The Edge of Never (#7) I needed a slightly smexy no tears book. Oh, I so got sucked in with this one because it fit the bill perfectly! The blurb doesn’t do it justice. It sets up like a situational comedy/chick lit romance (which I don’t really read) but I liked it SO MUCH MORE THAN I expected to, especially with this set up: “with her thirtieth birthday looming, Emma Harrison finds her biological clock clanging and the elusive knight in shining armor yet to appear. She’s running out of options, especially after her gay best friend backs out from being her sperm donor.” Okay, I’m in these romance books for the smexy…so that left me kinda… meh. DON’T BE FOOLED it’s so much better than that! Well, the moment Aidan “Mr. Sexy-and-I-know-it” Manwhore (with a secret self inflicted wounded heart) offers Emma a “proposition” in baby making…even if I wanted to stop I couldn’t! I read this book straight through Friday night and smiled nearly all the way! Later, I couldn’t resist chatting with Katie on Twitter telling her how much I enjoyed it! NYTimes Bestseller for a reason! YAY! Can’t wait for #2 The Proposal in
2013. Katie says she’s moved it up to the end of December 2012! Yay! $2.99 on Amazon.
6. Lincoln’s Little Girl by Cecelia Holland: This one’s a “know nothing” for us. Not our genre (Non Fiction), but it’s found it’s way on this past week’s SP bestseller list so here’s the Blurb: ”I wish I had a little girl like you, Julie,” Mary Todd Lincoln often told Julie Taft, and for the first year of the Lincoln presidency, sixteen year old Julie had the run of the White House, befriending the First Lady, playing with the Lincoln boys, and sharing priceless moments with Lincoln himself, which she noted down in her diary. An intimate portrait of the Lincoln family, as only a child could see them, through the first, fateful, tragic year of the civil war. Non-fiction short. 99 CENTS on Amazon.
7. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski: I totally, utterly, completely LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this. This one has a slow build, but it’s sooooo worth it. A 2012 fave sexy New Adult romance for sure, with a fresh alternating POV that makes you feel like you fell into an indie movie and it’s good enough to be one. This one’s in our Top Ten Books We’re Reading list among the Bc Gals for a damn good reason and Andrew is definitely one of them. *wink*. Here’s the blurb: After a series of heartbreaks, “with a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn,with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her, and who harbors his own dark secrets.” Totally not “dark”, but an achingly beautiful love story . Got to 45% and had to continue on til I finished at 3 in the a.m. Yep. it’s one of those. $2.99 on Amazon.
8. Naked by Raine Miller: Book 1 in the Blackstone Affair has been in the top ten over a month. Plus, book 2 ALL IN is #4 this week. And for good reason! This one introduces us to dominant, sexy, successful businessman (and former SF turned owner of a private security detail to the British elite), Ethan Blackstone and Brynne Bennett, his lovely and hiding/running from a whole lot of mess beautiful American girl. We couldn’t agree more with Raine who told us via twitter “A sexy Brit makes everything better.” We just kinda LOVE THIS SERIES and we told Raine as much in our recent INTERVIEW. (REVIEW). $2.99 on Amazon.
9. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen: On the SP for nearly a month and has enjoyed time at #1 and #3 before dropping to #9 this last week. Twitter chatter about this is growing about this bestseller. I’ve joined several of the Bc Gals and snagged this at 99 CENTS last week. Besides, if the blub and cover are any indication I’m in for a bad boy with Micha and I’m overdue. This book is in our TBR for review. Blurb: “Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.” We’ve been told it’s got a Beautiful Disaster vibe. 99 CENTS on Amazon.
10. Come Away With Me (With Me In Seattle) by Kristen Proby: We heard about this book from a fellow blogger on twitter. We’ve heard it’s not a crazy smexy a la Fifty Shades read (as the Seattle location seems to be making readers think) but that the scenes are hot. I read the blurb and liked the way this read is set up (the meet up and hook), so this one was in my TBR. (Update 12/10: DNF–has 4 stars, but didn’t get me past chapter two.) Here’s the extended blurb: “Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn’t part of Natalie Conner’s plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she’s taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.
Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he’s intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.
Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?” $2.99 on Amazon.
The Bc Gals xo